Khalifa University of Science, Technology, and Research is organizing the 2012 National Digital Imaging Student Competition (NDISC 2012 The aim of the competition is to provide students at UAE’s higher education institutions with an opportunity to develop and demonstrate their digital imaging and photography skills.
Conditions for Participation:
• The participant must be a full-time student currently enrolled at a UAE higher education institution.
• The digital image must be taken by the participant during the academic year 2011-2012 (i.e. starting 1st of September 2011).
• The image must be taken in the UAE using a digital camera and match the theme of the competition:
“Fountains in UAE”
• The image must have a resolution of at least 5 Mega pixels and must be in 24-bits JPEG colour format. The size of the JPEG file should be no more than 5 M Bytes.
• Each participant can submit only one image.
• Both processed and unprocessed images are acceptable.
• Each image must be accompanied with details of the date, place, type of digital camera and any
software used for processing.
• The submitted image should not have any text, signatures or watermarks.
• The image should not have been submitted or under consideration to/by another competition.
• The participant must have full copyright of the submitted image.
• Each submitted image may be used by the organizer and sponsors in any promotional material.
How to Participate:
• Images must be submitted electronically through the competition web site: www.kustar.ac.ae/ndisc2012
• No other form of submission will be accepted.
• Images must be submitted on or before Sunday 25th March 2012, 3:00 pm.
For more details, contact:Khalifa University of Science, Technology, and Research, P.O. Box 573 Sharjah, UAE